The Cardiac Bioelectricity & Arrhythmia Center (CBAC) ECGI Research Retreat was held on Saturday, January 12, 2010 in Whitaker Hall at Washington University.
The CBAC Retreat was a full day of exciting lectures, informal talks and dialogue, and presentations from various CBAC faculty members whose interests range in both research and clinical studies
See Retreat Itinerary (.pdf).
• Ralph Damiano, Jr., M.D. from the Dept. of Surgery
• Daniel H. Cooper, M.D. from Adult Cardiology
• Phillip S. Cuculich, M.D. from Adult Cardiology, "Atrial fibrillation"
• Mitchell N. Faddis, M.D., Ph.D. from Adult Cardiology
• Subham Ghosh, Ph.D. from the Department of Biomedical Engineering,
"WPW and CRT in non-ischemic cardiomyopathy"
• Scott Marrus, M.D., Ph.D. from Adult Cardiology
• Richard Schuessler, Ph.D., the Director of the Cardiothoracic Surgery Research Laboratory
• Jennifer Silva M.D. from Pediatric Cardiology, "ECGI in congenital heart disease"
• Sudhir Vashist M.D., M.B.B.S from Pediatric Cardiology
• George Vam Hare III, M.D. from Pediatric Cardiology
• Pamela Woodard, M.D., F.A.C.R., F.A.H.A., F.C.C.P. from the Departments of Radiology and Biomedical Engineering "Projects, CT protocols, Radiation, IRB"
Also during the retreat were poster presentations given by various CBAC students, fellows, and laboratory members that highlighted important research occurring in the laboratories and facilities of the CBAC faculty members.
Full list of retreat participants (.pdf)
The CBAC Retreat focused on, important and novel research by the CBAC faculty members, the center’s interdisciplinary philosophy, and showed how it really does build a bridge in cardiology and cardiovascular research between the School of Engineering & Applied Science and the School of Medicine.